Best eSports Games
Esports is something that most people have heard about and the world of competitive PC games is growing rapidly. There are so many different electronic games that you can now play professionally and on this page of our site we are going to look at the best eSports games and provide some information on each of these. If you are contemplating eSports betting then understanding all the eSports games is a much. After all, you wouldn't wager on baseball if you didn't know the difference between batting and pitching, would you?
Types of eSports Games Played
Below you will find a list of the most popular types of esports games that are played in 2018 and the ones that make for great eSports betting opportunities. Furthermore, if you are about to find all forms of online casino bonuses players may receive, then you should definitely pay attention to https://www.bonussansdepot.casino/autres-bonus.html.
Multiplayer Online Battle Arena Games
These are often referred to as MOBA and are really popular. These are team games and usually feature two teams consisting of multiple heroes. Players control one character and play as part of the team to help destroy the opposing team's base. Each hero in the games has different strengths and abilities and these can be improved during the game too.
Popular MOBA eSports Games
- Dota 2: Released in 2013 by Valve Corporation this eSports game features in some of the biggest eSports leagues around the world. It is free to play online for PC users and is available on Windows, OS X, and Linux. There is a steep learning curve and it takes hours of playing to learn everything. It is really popular though because it's so immersive. This esports game features two teams of five players and the team to destroy their opponent's structure first wins.
- League of Legends: Often called LoL, this is one of the most played PC games in North America and Europe. It was released back in 2009 by Riot Games. The game involves two teams of five players each. Each player selects a champion that they control during the game. There are over 130 different champions to choose from in several different categories. More characters are added every couple of months too. The aim of the game is to destroy your opponent's Nexus but objectives can vary depending on the game mode that has been chosen.
- Smite: This game was released in 2014 and developed by Hi-Rez Studios. It has a large, active community and is featured in several high-profile eSports competitions. Players control mythological characters such as gods and goddesses in this game and there are a number of different modes to choose from. These include Conquest which is the most popular. Players form teams of five and compete against another team in combat. The goal is to destroy an in-game character called the Titan.
- Heroes of the Storm: This game was developed by Blizzard Entertainment and it is often referred to as a Hero Brawler game. It follows the same format as a normal MOBA with two teams of five players competing against each other. Each player selects a character and they can then level them up as the game progresses. There are a lot more game objectives included when compared to other MOBAs.
First Person Shooter eSports Games
These competitive PC games have been around since the 90s and the basic premise is simple. You view the game from the first-person perspective through the eye of the character you are playing as. You have guns and other weapons to use and you have to complete objectives. There are different formats too including single player, multiplayer and co-op. FPS games are huge in professional eSports and the following are the most popular titles.
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive: This game is developed by Valve Corporation and is the most popular in eSports. It features two teams, terrorists and counter-terrorists. The terrorists have to plant a bomb or capture and hold hostages. The counter-terrorists have to prevent the bomb being placed or rescue the hostages.
- Halo: This is a series of games that has been used in eSports leagues and competitions over the years and the Halo Championship Series Pro League is very popular. It is a shooting game.
- Battlefield: This game was released back in 2002 and there have been a few releases since with more expansion packs added to the game. The newer releases are focused on online multiplayer format making it ideal for eSports leagues and tournaments.
- Overwatch: This game was released by Blizzard in 2016 and is a team based online multiplayer game. Players have to work together to meet their objectives and these can include securing and defending control points or escorting a transport of goods across a map.
- Call of Duty: The COD series started in 2003 and was initially set during World War II. This changed when Modern Warfare was released in 2007 which is the game that is most commonly played in eSports.
Fighting eSports Games
Fighting games are typically two players that compete against each other in combat. There are various styles of combat used depending on the game but most common is hand-to-hand combat. Most fighting games have a number of rounds and you can win them by knocking out your opponent or causing more damage than them. The following two games are the most popular in eSports leagues and tournaments.
- Street Fighter: This classic game was first released by Capcom in 1987. The latest version Street Fighter V was released in 2016 and has featured at a number of eSports competitions.
- Super Smash Bros: This series started in 1999 and there have been five games in total with the latest released in 2014. These games have featured at several eSports competitions including Apex and the Evolution Championship Series.
Real Time Strategy eSports Games
These games involve players making decisions based on events and changes that happen in real time. These games are really popular for single and multiplayer's. The most popular eSports game in this category is StarCraft II.
- StarCraft II: This game was released back in 2010 and has played a big part in the growth of eSports. It was one of the first games to be considered a spectator sport and help establish eSports competitions in front of real audiences.
Sports and Racing eSports Games
Sports games have always featured in eSports and there are some games that feature at high profile leagues and tournaments such as FIFA Football and Rocket League.
- FIFA Football: The FIFA series from EA is one of the most popular sports video games. It was first released in 1993. A new game is released every 12 months.
- Rocket League: This is a virtual sports game that is a bit like soccer but players use rocket powered vehicles to move the ball around. Several eSports contests have featured this game including ones by ESL and Major League Gaming.
Miscellaneous eSports Games
There are a couple of competitive PC games that don't fit into the other categories and the two main ones are World of Tanks and Hearthstone.
- World of Tanks: This is a game that you can play online for free. There are console versions as well. Players choose an armoured vehicle that they must control and then battle against their opponents. There are over 400 vehicles to choose from. The goal is to destroy enemy vehicles and or capture your opponent's base.
- Hearthstone: This is part of the Warcraft game franchise and it has a large following that makes it ideal for eSports tournaments. The game is simple to play and it's a two player game where each player takes a turn to try and destroy their opponent. Players control a selected hero and use cards and crystals to make their moves.
All eSports games take time to learn and there are game guides available. Professional eSports players spend hours training and learning all the different moves as well as hours training with their teams to work out strategies and moves that will help them win.